Thursday, January 3, 2019

Memories of an Alberta Childhood

My family lived in Red Deer, Alberta from the time I was 7 until we moved to Kelowna six years later.

Our little community - at the time, a new suburb on Mitchener Hill - was a wonderful place to grow up.










All the children on the block played together - though we were different ages...







(It makes me wonder about our education system which groups children in classes with others the same age.)










Looking at these old black and white photos brings back memories of childhood days of cycling, birthday parties and backyard forts.

I wonder how many of these children - now grown - still live in the area...






One - who has remained a good friend over the years - has a birthday today...











She no longer lives in Red Deer...

Here she is at age 12.

Hard for me to believe - but she is now a great-grandmother!

Where did the time go?!

No comments:

Post a Comment