Thursday, April 30, 2015

Starter... or Finisher?

The book, Better than Before, has me reflecting on the question: Am I a starter or a finisher?

I think I know. As I look around me at my piles of unfinished books, like these on my bedside table...










 

... my unfinished quilting projects...

















... the garden beds I'm working on, but which I never seem to finish... (I've added top soil to the far end of this one, but stopped when the rain began. I haven't gone back to finish it!)
















Looking around me, it is apparent that I am a starter, not a finisher. In fact, if I am honest with myself, sometimes I'm a little afraid of finishing. I like to have things to do, and I feel "attached" to things I haven't finished!

But I have decided (not for the first time!) that I need to become a finisher! I want to leave a pile of finished projects - not unfinished ones - behind me when I'm gone!



(Does that mean I shouldn't start anything new until I've finished what I've begun?! Now that would be impossible!)

No comments:

Post a Comment