Saturday, April 4, 2015

Weather Warning

A few Sundays ago, I headed to Hawaii for a week's break from the snow and cold with my daughter. (Terry hates to fly.)

Was it too late in the season to benefit from a change in weather? I wondered. Unfortunately, my daughter (who also needed a break from winter) couldn't leave any earlier... I kept my eyes on the weather, both here and in Honolulu...

The day before we left, there was a weather warning here... Freezing rain.

















Surprisingly I found a weather warning in Hawaii, too: High surf!

Now is this a good thing or a bad thing? Good - for surfers who like to be challenged by high waves? Bad - for anyone sleeping on the beach?

While we were there, we heard a few complaints about the weather from locals - who apologized that it was so "cold" - average daily temperatures were in the 70s, not in the 80s Fahrenheit! (Mid-20s, not 30s Celsius!)

I assured them that I loved it that way - I added that, in fact, Canadians often prefer weather that is moderate rather than extremely hot! (Or am I only speaking for myself?)

No comments:

Post a Comment