Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Another Old Business Card

Alf Arnson was the insurance agent in Hay Lakes, Alberta, when my parents lived there. He was also a family friend. Over the years, he and his wife visited my parents in Red Deer, Alberta, and in Kelowna, B.C.

Last time I was in Hay Lakes, his old office was still intact, just as he left it when he shut the door for the last time. It looked exactly as I remember it, although I was seven when we finally moved away.

His abandoned office could now be a museum of earlier times!

Going through my mother's things, I came across his business card. It must be very old - his original telephone number only has 3 digits! (My mother wrote his new number next to it.) I wonder when Alberta's phone system changed from three digits to ten!

(Another historic business card I don't want to throw away!)

No comments:

Post a Comment