Monday, April 6, 2015

Ukulele Lessons

Travel is always an educational experience!

In addition to learning by simply being there, my daughter and I took two free workshops while in Hawaii - a lei making one...











And an introductory group lesson in playing the ukulele... (an instrument brought to Hawaii by the Portuguese). The Hawaiians embraced it, giving it the name "jumping flea" - which is what "ukulele" means in Hawaiian.









The ukulele class was very popular. We were lucky to get in!












After the class, my daughter and I were so taken with the ukulele that we considered buying one there. We didn't, not knowing if we could fit it into our bags!















But as soon as I got home, I bought one here and signed up for a few group lessons. By the time I have my first one, I may already know a few songs - thanks to You Tube tutorials, like this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment