Monday, April 13, 2015

Art Inspiration in Hawaii

I took a lot of "art inspiration" pictures in Hawaii.

Clay pots like these - with bottom designs cut out... (Perhaps I could try to make a smaller version.)









 

These framed seashell and insect collections remind me that simple designs (like a 9-patch)...

... and a motif repeated in a circle are very beautiful, even the motif is (ugh!) a beetle!















Lovely flowers made me wish I had taken my water colors along... (They never look as realistic in my photos.)











Dramatic sunsets inspired me, as well.













Will I sit down with my photos and try to paint the scenes sometime?











Maybe ... But probably not!












But if I do feel inspired, I have lots of pictures to use as references!

No comments:

Post a Comment