Wednesday, April 22, 2015

My Pottery Mugs

This week I head back to the pottery studio, after a two-week break.

My goal, last session, was to make mugs. I made a few, in my hand-building studio time. They all have rough edges.











My strangest hand-built one was inspired by some animal motif mugs I saw online. I was trying to create an image of a cat wandering through tall grass!








 

Making mugs was also one of my goals in my class on the wheel. I managed to make a few. I also experimented with using colored clay ("slip") to decorate the mugs. I'm not really happy with these.







My instructor, Liz, helped me with this one - but I didn't succeed in making the subsequent ones (above) as tall or thin...

That will be my goal for this coming session: taller and thinner... and without uneven edges! (It's not as easy as it looks!)

No comments:

Post a Comment