Saturday, April 11, 2015

Ukulele Lessons

I started ukulele lessons this past week... together with a dozen adult beginners. (A few came with friends, including a mother-daughter pair and a father-daughter duo.)

Most said they had friends who played ukuleles - and they'd heard it was easy to learn. A few mentioned wanting to learn after someone pulled out a ukulele at a party and led in an old-fashioned singalong.

Some had been inspired by this Hawaiian ukulele player's rendition of "Over the Rainbow."











I'm not sure exactly what drew me in to start. That very first free lesson in Hawaii definitely did it. It was fun. Now I'm looking forward to playing this very portable instrument... so unlike the piano, which is too big to take anywhere!

I've been wanting to learn something new in the musical vein. Ukuleles play only chords, so part of playing involves singing.

Haven't done that much in years... but now I'm practicing daily! 

No comments:

Post a Comment