Saturday, June 21, 2014

What's In Bloom in Early June?!

One of my neighbors inherited a well-planned garden (from a previous owner). When she first moved in, every few weeks the perennial flower beds were a different color. As the season progressed the color changed, but all the flowers were all the same color at any given time.  

But I soon messed that up, she said with a laugh, when I added plants of my own!

I think it would be great to have a color-coordinated garden.



The closest I come to that is this time of year when most of the plants in bloom are shades of pink and purple...










Apart from the red Knautia bloom to the left of these purple flowers - Salvia.





The Siberian irises are lovely...

















There are numerous pink flowers, including bleeding hearts...






 




... geraniums...














... carnations (I think)...














The lamium is still blooming.

The white anemone are gone - they have turned into seed pods - fortunately they'll bloom again later in summer.












In the back yard, the first peonies are blooming...









 


... as well as a few Persian cone flowers. I haven't touched the gout weed in the back yard, though I'm almost done weeding the front flower bed. You can see how invasive it is!

I'd love to think I color-coordinated this season's flowers, but, in reality, it's purely luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment