Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Early June: What's in Bloom?

Tulip season is over in my zone 5 perennial garden. (I've just discovered - from this online fact sheet - that Canadian zone 5 is US zone 4.)


One of my gardening goals is to have perennials blooming all summer long. Right now, my favorites are the white anemones. White is such a cheerful garden  color!
 







 



The lilacs are still blooming...












...and the irises, especially the large ones - mostly purple, but one or two yellow as well.











The small irises are beginning to bloom.

















The low-lying purple lamium have been around for a while. I need to weed out the blades of grass that are growing among the leaves.





 


My bleeding heart is also blooming, behind a bunch of pink geraniums and a hosta.












The yellow Euphorbia has grown a lot - maybe it's time to think about dividing it.











The garden is changing from day to day!



No comments:

Post a Comment