Tuesday, June 17, 2014

My First Talk on ... Blogging!

I have been a teacher for many years - and a blogger for about five. Last week my experience in both came together in a talk on... blogging - for members of the Ottawa Society of Botanical Artists. I know some of them from botanical art classes I have taken.



We met in the classroom attached to the boutique at Artistic Landscape Design.



My neighbor, Mary, who is on the executive, helped set up the projector. (I confess that new technology often scares me!)

It was a lovely milieu. Mary took my notes and made them into attractive handouts. (I suggested she could have a career in technical writing.) I'm glad I had the opportunity to share what I've learned - and to learn about modern projectors that connect to computers.

I hope I didn't make blogging sound all that complicated. It's not! And it's a really fun way to communicate with family, friends ... and others!

2 comments:

  1. On Monday morning a bunch of us met at Artistic discuss our art project with Artistic and to meet with Mrs Schmitz. This woman has been in the business for 60 years and knows everything about plants and their botanical names. Anyways, while there I received may thanks for your presentation. Some fog has been lifted when it comes to blogging. Now we just need inspirational writing.

    ReplyDelete