Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Mid-January Melt Down

The past few months have been cold and snowy - with enough freezing rain to turn our driveway and the road in front of our house into glare ice. I've been afraid to walk anywhere.


















So I was a little surprised - and dubious - when the weather was slated to warm up above freezing for a few days...














Would it really make a difference?! There's a lot of ice out there!


















Each day I watched, in fascination, as more ice and snow began to disappear...














... from the roads and from neighbors' roofs...














Then yesterday - the last of our warm weather, if the weatherman is right - our driveway actually had a few bare paths to walk on. So I went for a walk! Not on our street - it still looked too risky - but at a nearby shopping center where all the snow was gone. I walked round and round the parking lot on the sidewalk - enjoying the mild day! Nothing like a month and a half of really cold weather and slippery walkways to make me appreciate being outdoors!

No comments:

Post a Comment