Friday, January 10, 2014

A Not-So-Gentle Reminder

A few days ago, I turned on my computer and was horrified to get this message: Something was preventing the computer from starting!














Fortunately, there was a program on the system that found the problem and eventually got it up and running again. But the experience shocked me into realizing that I needed to make sure I had copies of photos and important documents saved on this hard drive. (A much older computer stopped running a few weeks ago, leaving me to wonder if I had removed all documents I had wanted to save.)

This error message was a reminder that newer computers can develop problems, too. And I probably won't want to take it in for a repair, which could be as costly as replacing my three-year-old machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment