Saturday, January 11, 2014

A Simple Exercise

When my mother retired, she took courses on healthy living for seniors. Sorting through her books and magazines, I have come across a guide to preventing falls. It's good to be informed - but also to practice what I read. It's easy to say: I don't have to worry about that yet...


















I also found a consumer report on health - with an easy exercise and test of balance: Stand on one foot and see how long you can hold your balance. Less than 6 seconds is poor, 6-11 seconds needs work, 12-19 seconds is fair, and more than 20 seconds is good.


















I have been doing half an hour of circuit training three times a week for several years now. I've found it helps me avoid back injury and pain. But I'm not sure either of my legs could balance me for more than 20 seconds!

It's important to stay strong, even it it takes a little more effort at my age!

No comments:

Post a Comment