Monday, June 28, 2010

TORONTO in June














Every time I drive to Toronto, I notice something new!














This time I was pleasantly surprised to see several windmills along Lake Ontario... I hadn't noticed them before.














While Terry went to a Blue Jays Game, I wandered around trendy Yorkville, an upscale Toronto neighborhood.














It was so hot, I kept looking for the shady side of the street...


















and shady shortcuts...














There are a lot of beautiful shops...














But little that matches my pocketbook!














I still enjoyed walking around...














Eventually we met up at Host, Terry's favorite Indian restaurant...














I'm not sure why I forgot to take pictures of the food! It was delicious!














Then we drove across town to Leslieville...














(another Toronto neighborhood)














... to have ice cream at Ed's.














I enjoy the mix of renovated and heritage buildings...














And, of course, the streetcars that run across town...














The next morning we stopped for breakfast at Fresh (a popular vegetarian restaurant)...














(The pancakes are smothered in nuts and maple syrup...)

Then, before we knew it, it was time to head home again...














... where the diet begins...!

No comments:

Post a Comment