Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Discovering New (Old) Flowers

One of the fun things about gardening is re-discovering flowers I forgot I had!

Going around the yard today, evaluating how I would thin out some plants, I discovered some flowers I had completely forgotten about!














Like these tough little purple survivors that I planted in my back garden quite a few years ago. (I'm not sure what they're called.)














Amazingly they have thrived, amid the layers of overgrowth that is hiding some flowers and choking out others. (One of my goals is to clear out the back and hopefully rediscover more old flowers in the process.)














I was surprised to see this mass of red blooms under the tree in the front yard...














Then I discovered two more... one in the front - and one in the back. They stand out because of their brilliant color!














I also discovered my first tiger lily in bloom. I love it when the yard is full of masses of these cheerful orange flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment