Saturday, June 12, 2010

My Body My Biography














I was attracted by this poster in New York City a month or so ago. It got me thinking about how our lives (and habits) affect our bodies.

Both good and bad habits affect the shape and condition we are in. My current "problem" is my left arm. Sometimes it gets a little numb. When I mentioned it to my doctor, she suggested it could be a pinched nerve...

I immediately thought about my purse! Could that be the culprit?! Terry always comments on how heavy it is...

Is it (literally!) dragging me down...? How does it get so heavy?!

Time for a change: New season, new purse - hopefully a lighter load...














I'll empty out my winter bag, a sturdy one with half a dozen zippered pockets. It holds a lot. (Which is why I love it!)

Mmmm! What's in here that is so heavy?!














Most of the weight seems to come from my wallet and change purse (525 grams or 1 lb. 2 oz.)














The cell phone weighs 125 grams or 4 oz.














I won't bother weighing the rest of this stuff I carry around... it doesn't look like it would weigh a lot...

I put all that stuff into my "summer purse" - a cloth handbag... (Leather would be much heavier.) And I discover that...














After all this work, I have lightened my load by only 100 grams or 4 oz.!

What can I leave out?! I definitely can't leave out the money... And it's the heaviest! (Especially the coins...)

Some parts of life (some parts of our biography) are hard to change...

And our bodies suffer!

No comments:

Post a Comment