Tuesday, June 29, 2010

June Flowers: My Garden Catalog

Early June has brought a new wave of flowers to my garden space... I don't know the names of some, like these two...














Or these yellow flowers that I like...














...even though neighbors consider them weeds.














This one, that I think is a carnation...














And this purple one, about a foot high, in my back garden bed is a familiar flower - though I don't know what it's called.

Others are familiar...














like the flowers on the spirea bush beside the front porch...














and the tiny roses in the front garden bed. The red...














...and the yellow.














Other early June flowers are peonies. I have them in various parts of the yard.














These - near the maple we cut down in winter - are doing exceptionally well, no longer in the shade of a tree.














I'm always happy to see the climatis come back. It gets battered and blown by winter winds, but it is still thriving...

Others started to bloom in May, and are still doing well, like this purple geranium...














... some day lily plants... (Some haven't bloomed yet.)














And this knautia flower














Mid-June was also the beginning of tiger lily season!














June is definitely a "happening" month in my zone 3 garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment