Friday, June 4, 2010

Non-Bake Cookies - for Hot Summer Days

I hate to turn on the oven when the weather is hot - and summer has arrived early in our part of Canada.

I wanted to make some goodies - but I didn't want to use the oven, so my mind turned to sweet treats I used to make often when my children were young.














I've heard them called "Out Of This World Cookies." They're a little like macaroons. Delicious! They're not really what a type 2 diabetic should be indulging in, but I plan to share them with friends.

Out of This World Cookies:

1. In a saucepan, mix together and bring to a boil (stirring constantly):
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 1/2 cup cocoa
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup milk














2. Boil for 3 minutes.

3. Add:
  • 3 cups rolled oats
  • 1 cup dried shredded coconut (unsweetened)
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (optional)














4. Mix well.















5. Then drop a teaspoonful on waxed paper for each cookie.

6. Cool before eating to allow them to harden. ENJOY!!

(For me, the hardest thing about these cookies is to STOP EATING them!)

No comments:

Post a Comment