Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"BERRY" Healthy Eating

I'm trying to watch what I eat... as (strangely enough) June is often a month when I GAIN weight!! I don't understand why! Winter is over and I'm walking again... There are more fresh (from my area) fruits and veggies on the market... (Could it be that the Dairy Queen up the street is open again, too - and I sometimes MUST HAVE a Chocolate Extreme Blizzard!)

(While doing a google search for a picture of my favorite chocolate treat, I came up with this site that informs me that a small one - my usual size - has 660 calories and 29 grams of fat...!) Mmmmmm.

In my attempt to "eat healthy" - I often eat yogurt-based desserts - like the rhubarb lassi I mentioned a few days ago.














As local strawberries are in season, we are eating a lot of them. But yesterday I saw a few other (not local) berries in the store, so I got some small cartons of them as well.














Here is my yogurt fruit "sundae" - a refreshing dessert - with a dash of maple syrup on top! (Not as satisfying as a chocolate extreme blizzard - to a chocoholic like me - but a whole lot healthier!)

No comments:

Post a Comment