Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Honeycomb Honey

Last Saturday we marked the beginning of Farmers' Market season by going to the market in North Gower, about 45 minutes south of Ottawa.

We ended up buying a golden buttermilk pie...














...and some local honey from a beekeeper. For a change, I bought a package of honeycomb as well.














What can I use the honeycomb for?
I asked the bee-keeper.

You can cut off a piece and put it in your tea - or you can chew it and spit out the wax...

When I got home, I tried it in my tea...














A thin layer of wax seemed to float to the top - then it stuck to the side of the empty cup.














Later I looked on the internet for more honeycomb ideas - and read that it tastes good spread on whole wheat bread - and topped with a slice of strong cheddar cheese. I'll have to try that next time!














(The pie was delicious too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment