Sunday, June 13, 2010

Gentle Nature

This time of year reminds me of the gentle flow of nature - as plants sprout, bloom, then go to seed for the coming year.














I patiently enjoy the waves of flowers - those that bloom in May, June, July, August. (In fact, most days I wouldn't mind if time stood still...)

I'm not a patient gardener when it comes to my spiritual life. I pray (planting seeds of prayer) - but I'm anxious to see immediate results! I expect my heart's desire to grow and bloom overnight!

Why is nothing happening? Why can't I see any growth? I often ask God impatiently...

Maybe, instead of stressing, I need to enjoy this time of waiting, reflecting on the many ways in which past prayers that have been answered - and trusting that today's prayers will also be answered in the natural flow of God's unfolding will.

No comments:

Post a Comment