Sunday, January 24, 2010

Make It Count

I was saddened this week to hear that a singer I admired had died (quietly, without a lot of publicity). Kate McGarrigle was a month older than me. I admired her (and her sister) for somehow managing to live quiet lives amid their public musical careers.

The words of Anne Lamott come to mind. Instructing her writing students to write something every day, she adds: It doesn't matter how much you write... But make it count.

So I am chastised - for wasting time playing solitaire on the computer (justifying it as mental aerobics!) - and for the many important (to me) things I want to do, but never find the time.

There are only so many days/minutes/hours in every life: I don't want to feel I wasted any of them...

I want to make them all count!

No comments:

Post a Comment