Saturday, January 2, 2010

Looking Forward AND Looking Back

I have been thinking about some of the personal and family events that marked last year - 2009 - for me.

1. I started to blog!
2. My mother moved into a retirement residence - where she is happy.
3. My daughter started a new business venture.
4. We celebrated 2 family milestones: My mother turned 90 and her brother 95. These occasions allowed me to see relatives I don't see very often.
5. I visited Hawaii - a lifelong dream.
6. I had laser eye surgery to improve my vision, something I've thought about doing for a long, long time.

But, of course, some things never change!

As I look forward to the coming year - my New Year's resolutions echo those I found in a journal from last January 1st:

I resolve to live healthily - and exercise more!

But, of course, I'm still waiting for the IDEAL DIET that allows me to eat whatever I want - yet be healthy and lose weight.

(This resolution will probably be on my list of goals next year as well!)

No comments:

Post a Comment