Friday, January 15, 2010

Give a Penny, Take a Penny...

I'm able to drive again... (It took nearly a month for me to see well enough, after my PRK laser eye surgery.)

Yesterday I dropped off several bags of used clothing at St. Richard's Nearly New Shop. They have two rooms - one for clothing - another for books...

Of course, I had to stop and browse!


















I left with a novel (light winter reading) and this cheerful bag - all for less than $2!

I think we do a disservice to the community (and to the environment) when we simply toss things we no longer use, if they can fill a need in someone else's life - so I support thrift shops like this. In fact, some of my favorite framed "art" here at home came from thrift shops.














Like this pen and ink drawing...














And this cute cross-stitch...

The bright flowers on the bag I got yesterday remind me of Hawaii! It will be perfect for carrying my next "traveling" knitting project.


















For several years, this scarf was my waiting room project. I finished it a few days ago, so I'm on the lookout for another easy project to grab when I go to medical appointments - or anywhere else I expect to sit and wait.

1 comment:

  1. I love shopping thrift stores and garage sales, too. You got some great finds there! I hope your eyes are doing well.

    ReplyDelete