Monday, September 20, 2021

Will I Have Enough Yarn?!

Last June I purchased yarn for a sweater at the Mary Maxim store in Paris, Ontario. At the time, I didn’t have a pattern with me, so I wasn't sure how much to get.











Since the yarn was greatly reduced in price, I decided to get MORE than I needed, rather than LESS. 

When I finished the sweater, I had three and a half balls remaining. 

What to do with the leftover yarn? Make a vest, perhaps? 

Same basic pattern (knit top down) with “cap” sleeves. 











A pullover… No collar… Also not as long...



I’ve been working on it. The cap sleeves are done and I’m moving down the bodice, knitting in the round. I currently have a ball and a half of yarn left...

Two big questions now loom in my mind: 

  1. Will I have enough yarn?! 
  2. And… what to do if I don’t?!!
I guess I can always add stripes!
Knitters have been improvising with stripes for years!

No comments:

Post a Comment