Sunday, September 12, 2021

Changing Life’s Narrative

Over the summer, I have started listening to a series of podcasts while I knit. 











One series that I’ve really enjoyed is a thoughtful discussion of a book that I also decided to purchase - entitled Invitations From God.











Recently the discussion was about God’s invitation to remember and reflect.

From time to time, I do think and puzzle over something that has happened to me in the past. I often come out of my “trip down memory lane” seeing things a little differently because I try to think about the situation from a different perspective: why would that person do that? Or say that...?

The author of this book - a woman who is probably about my age - mentioned that she has started a new kind of personal remembering exercise. Looking back on painful or troubling incidents, she is searching for things to be THANKFUL for in those experiences. In doing so, she is hoping to “change the narrative” of  the way she sees herself and her life.

THANKFULNESS is powerful!

I might try this too! I’m not sure exactly how...

(She did say that it was a slow, long term project!)

No comments:

Post a Comment