Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Backyard Flowers - Then and Now

I came across some photos of my backyard flowers taken before I started the flower bed in the front yard.


The first thing I noticed about this view looking west is how low the hedge is! The nursing home (where my mother once lived) is visible across the fence...











This is what that same view looks like now.



Facing east - the opposite direction - this was the view 20 years ago...











This is what that same view looks like now.


Many of the flowers found in the backyard have been divided and moved to the front. 

In some ways, I prefer the way it looked years ago - though it is more “private” now. Even the flowers looked more manageable without the fifteen-foot wall the cedar hedge has become!

No comments:

Post a Comment