Thursday, July 30, 2020

Phlox in Bloom

One of the prettiest mid-summer flowers to bloom in our yard are the phlox.

I remember admiring them in a neighbor's yard years ago.

She had taken a course in creating an "English country garden." Her garden was an inspiration - always lovely - with different perennials blooming all summer long.






I have her to thank for introducing me to the therapeutic value of flowers as mood-boosters.

Inspired by her garden, I started on my long journey of creating flower beds. I've made a lot of mistakes along the way and would do it differently if I were to begin again. But I guess it's the same with anything...










In those years, I'd wander over every few weeks to see what was in bloom in her yard.

I remember admiring her phlox, then going out to buy plants in several shades of pink and purple.

Over the years, they have grown into robust bunches, so I have divided them, moving some to different parts of the yard, where they bloom brightly, surrounded by other flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment