Friday, July 24, 2020

Our Changing Reality

This spring and summer have been like no other that I can remember...

March 2020 was a learning curve: learning to stay two meters away from people, even our friends; to stay home and avoid shopping unless absolutely necessary; to keep hand sanitizers within reach; to wear cloth masks in enclosed public spaces... Life is definitely different than it was before mid-March.

I'm not complaining! I'm glad there are ways we can stay safer during these pandemic times... And, like some people, I've actually enjoyed spending more time at home. There's lots to do... In spring, there was gardening. Now, in the summer heat, I have lots to do indoors...

Terry and I started a new morning tradition of having coffee together at home. We've never done that before. Over the past few years, since retiring, he's headed to our local McDonald's for his morning coffee, his excuse to get out!

Extroverts who enjoy hanging out with friends probably have a more difficult time staying put. But personally, I'm enjoying spending more time at home.

But now - again - things are changing here in Ontario... To quote my mother, "Life is a constant change..." After several months of consulting doctors online (much easier than going to a clinic), in-person medical appointments are back... My gym is planning to re-open... One of my sons, whose workplace shut down in early April, expects to be back at work at the end of this month...

All these changes are unnerving me a bit... How confident will I feel going back to the gym?! (Don't do it, Mom, my adult kids tell me.)

Going back to the old normal may prove harder for me than developing a new normal back in March!

No comments:

Post a Comment