Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Garden Envy


There are many lovely gardens in our neighborhood. This one is right across the street!

Gardens like this don't come without a lot of effort. Even details - like the lovely cement stepping stones - take a lot of work. I remember watching my neighbors, Earl and Mary, make them by mixing a bag of cement powder by hand, then pouring the mix into rubber molds.











Chickadees love this fountain. I tried to take a picture of one drinking - but he darted away too fast.

While I was there, one had to be removed from inside the garage!















I've tried to create different garden "rooms" - as I've heard them called in gardening magazines.

But lovely gardens come at a cost: a professional gardener on site or a lot of effort.














I guess we all have to balance the time we're willing to put into gardening - and our personal vision of what our "ideal garden" would look like...

It's always nice to get ideas by looking at inspiring gardens in magazines and around us...

And if my garden isn't as nice this year as I'd like it to be - and it isn't ... (I blame the lack of rain!)

There's always next year to dream about and plan for!







No comments:

Post a Comment