Friday, July 31, 2020

Blue Quilt Finished!

One of my goals this past month was to finish two quilts that I started a while back, one is pale blue; the other is dark blue and red.

I did actually get the pale blue one done!

Daily perseverance is the key!

These shades of blue remind me of the beach.











I didn't have a pattern for this quilt - just a pile of  scraps left over from the pale blue quilt I made last year.

Here it is, folded up on the floor.








The designs are different, but both have used up fabric that I have on hand.









Even the green backing is from fabric in my stash.

It's such a good feeling to use fabric up!

Now on to the dark blue and red one... !







When that one is finished, I have yet another idea for a quilt to use up my seemingly endless supply of leftover strips of cloth. I saw this quilt on "Pinterest."

Improvising designs by sewing different colors of fabric together like this is fun - and of course, one never knows what it will look like in the end!

If I really don't like it, it can always become the backing for a different quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment