Thursday, July 9, 2020

Double Chocolate Cookies ... for BREAKFAST?!!

One of the neighborhood moms I hung out with when our children were young introduced me to the concept of  "breakfast cookies."

I don't remember what her recipe was, but I do remember her saying that she found breakfast cookies and milk a great alternative to breakfast cereal for kids.

I remember looking at her recipe - and not being convinced.

Recently, however, I came across a recipe for double chocolate cookies  WITH BRAN that my older son loved when he was young.

Here is the recipe: 

Mix together: 1 cup of soft margarine or oil, 2 cups of brown sugar, 2 eggs and a teaspoon of vanilla.

Add 3 cups of whole wheat flour, 1 cup of bran, 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa, 1 teaspoon of baking soda and 1/2 a cup of milk.

Drop generous tablespoon of batter (about 2 inches apart) on a greased cookie sheet. (I use silpat cookie sheet liners, so I don't grease the sheets.)

Bake for 12 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

Delicious!

Do bran and whole wheat make a cookie healthy?! I don't know - but the recipe makes quite a few rather large cookies - which are delicious with plain yogurt and fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment