Thursday, May 30, 2019

New Spring Flowers in Bloom

My constantly changing perennial garden is starting to look more interesting as new flowers begin to bloom.

I particularly love the white and green leaves of the hostas.











The yellow euphorbia flowers are beginning to bloom.











They sit in tidy mounds like the hostas...

Like the hostas, they are easy to divide.











The delicate white anemones are also beginning to bloom. They are one of my favorite flowers.











The bleeding heart is blooming as well.

















I think it's smaller this year than last. Or maybe it's just hidden by the gout weed that wants to overtake my whole garden bed.










Small bunches of delicate blue flowers are appearing here and there in my front garden bed. I've forgotten what they're called...

Are they forget-me-nots?








New tulips are appearing as well - ones I totally forgot I had planted!











So that's fun - but sometimes they are hidden by larger plants springing up next to them.









That's the down-side of a perennial garden: some plants overwhelm others next to them as they grow. They really should be moved or divided.

Looking at these close-ups of my plant photos reminds me that I need to get out there and weed ruthlessly!






But most of the time, it's the total effect of the flower bed that gives me joy - even though, at this time of year, my garden is a mass of leaves with very few flowers!









No comments:

Post a Comment