Monday, May 13, 2019

Growing Fresh Air

I love plants - but I tend to view them aesthetically, as attractive "living" works of art.

As a child, I learned that plants are beneficial to the air... They give us oxygen, which we need for life.

But, apart from that, I never gave much thought to indoor plants benefiting the air we breathe.

Only recently did I learn that house plants can remove toxins from indoor air, making our homes healthier. Before that, I sometimes wondered if indoor plants perhaps made air too humid or moldy.

Recently I borrowed a library book that details the health benefit of 50 plants that do a really excellent job of absorbing indoor gases like formaldehyde, commonly found in homes...













The biggest surprise to me is that the peace lily clears a lot of toxins from the air, purifying it...

The peace lily?! I used to have one. I liked it, but I gave it away when it grew so big that its leaves began to block the TV...








Time to go hunting for a new peace lily!













There! I've put it in the same spot where my previous one grew so well, next to an orchid and an African violet.

It's such an amazing air purifier - maybe I should have bought two?!

No comments:

Post a Comment