Monday, May 20, 2019

Handy Jar Opener

Altering a famous line written by Mark Twain - but later made famous by Ozzy Osborne...


"Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my STRENGTH the most!"

A while back I mentioned that I was having difficulty opening jars, as my wrists had become weaker over the years.

My neighbor Mary told me about a jar lid gripper that she uses... It is attached under the cupboard above her kitchen counter. Held fast in the wood, it holds the jar while she unscrews the lid.

The Magic Twist jar opener grips the lid firmly, allowing her to use all her strength to turn the jar.

Worth a try! I thought - and immediately went out and bought one... 

But it has been sitting on my desk under a pile of papers for months. It looked too complicated to install.

Time to do it...!

I re-read the instructions and screwed it in! 

From the front of the cupboard, it's not even visible.

It worked on the first jar I tried...

Now I'm looking forward to seeing if there are any lids that the Magic Twist jar opener can't help me open...

No comments:

Post a Comment