Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Another Family Birthday

Today is my uncle Ron's birthday.

My mother's second youngest brother was born when my mother was 15.
















Here they are together in their younger years...

As a teenager, he lived with our family for a while in Hay Lakes, where he came to learn to be a mechanic like my dad.

He worked in welding for a while, too. But in the end, following his father's footsteps, he manufactured windows and doors.

Since retiring, he and his wife Evelyn have visited Ontario several times.











My mother always enjoyed their visits...













One year, we traveled to Quebec City - and they tasted their first "poutine."

Here are some older photos, from my mother's photo albums. According to notes in the album, Ron is here being lifted in the air by Erhard, his oldest brother.















This picture shows him with his parents after he moved to Kelowna in the 1950's to work with his dad.

Happy birthday, Uncle Ron! May you have a wonderful year ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment