Saturday, May 25, 2019

Exploring Galt, Ontario

I once came across some lovely pictures of an old town called "Galt" in Southern Ontario - but I was unable to find Galt on a map.

Further research revealed that Galt is now part of the city of Cambridge, not far from Guelph, where my daughter now lives.











So last week, when Terry and I were spending a few days in the area, we headed off to hunt for this lovely old town.











Fortunately our GPS was able to get us there when I typed in the words "Galt Cambridge."












Construction blocked one road, but we parked and walked around, admiring the beautiful old architecture...

















Later we took a path by the river's edge - where we encountered geese, fishermen, and families out enjoying a sunny day.










Several large old Presbyterian churches in this historic part of Galt made me wonder if Scots were early settlers in this area...















What were these old ruins? I wondered... -











I guess I'll have to do a little more research!




No comments:

Post a Comment