Friday, May 17, 2019

Conversation Architect?!

Careers have changed a lot since I was young. Back then, things were clear (if somewhat limited): Did I want to study nursing, teaching or journalism? What about office work? Be a bookkeeper, salesperson or banker? Basically, those were my choices, as I saw it...

Nowadays jobs - and needs - are constantly changing.

I was puzzled, recently, when I came across someone on Linked In who described her profession as "conversation architect." What was that?!

It must be really new: As I typed the profession into my search engine, google assumed I had made a typo and corrected it to CONSERVATION architect... Someone who CONSERVES old buildings. Had the person on Linked In made a typo and written conversation architect as her profession when she meant to write conservation architect?!

But I finally found a web page that explained the job: "A conversation architect designs powerful, often strategic conversations that need to take place in an organization. They determine the questions to trigger them and design the processes to convene and host them. They also often identify, convene and host the conversations themselves."

Interesting... What would a person need to study to prepare for this career? 

Again, google was unhelpful... I found nothing - though I did get a link to a website on artificial intelligence (AI) and robots... Does a conversation architect program robots to talk...?! 

If this interesting-sounding career takes off, hopefully I'll soon be able to find answers to all my questions.. In the meantime, I'm intrigued.

No comments:

Post a Comment