Thursday, January 11, 2018

Three Christmas Gifts

Now that our Christmas tree is down, I'm "setting up" some of our Christmas gifts...

This pretty  Himalayan salt lamp was a gift to our son. It's a piece of pink salt with a small light inside. The salt is supposed to counter winter blues (among other claims).  I've set it up in our dining room, where it adds a comforting glow to our dark evenings. (It's dark by 5 pm these days.)

It does add a different "feel" to the room - but whether it's psychological or physical, I don't know. 


It took me a few hours to set up this new easel that "Santa" brought me. I've always wanted one - though recently I haven't done much painting. I'm looking forward to using it with acrylic paints. Not sure where to set it up. If the paint splatters, I'll have to use it in the basement... or outdoors once warm weather arrives.











This third gift was actually a wrapper that another gift came it...

But I love it - inside and out!








My iPad fits in it perfectly. It could be useful when I travel. It also inspires me to  make some zippered pouches like this - perhaps quilted - in different sizes, for books, my phone...

The list of ideas goes on!


No comments:

Post a Comment