Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Back to Pottery...

Last week, I returned to the pottery studio.

I'm always a little rusty in the beginning. This is the long apron I got last year - to keep my pant legs dry when I use the wheel.












A few of my hand-built pieces weren't dry when I had to empty my locker last May.

They have been sitting in the basement since then. Now it's time to fire them in the kiln...

This bowl depicts a group of elephants in a circle. Hopefully it won't break before it gets fired.



Looking at my containers of tools - not far from where I dropped them when I finished my last session last spring, I wonder how many trips to the car it will take to get all this stuff back into the studio. Will my locker hold it all?!

What will I be inspired to make his year...?

It's always a surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment