Saturday, January 6, 2018

How Crazy is This?!!

I rarely write about the weather in Ottawa... It could be (and probably is) a full-time blog topic.

I also rarely check my weather app - unless I plan an outing and want to know how to dress. (Besides, Terry does enough checking for both of us! I'm sure he checks hourly...)

But I didn't go out of the house yesterday...

Like much of Eastern North America, Ottawa is in the grip of a cold spell... Fortunately I have lots to do in the house (like quilting) so I don't mind staying indoors for a day or two...

Would I be wise to stay indoors for another day? That question led me to check my app in the early hours of the morning...

The answer is YES! Another cold day ahead... But as I look at the 14 day forecast, I see that we are expected to go from
MINUS 22 degrees Celsius today... (That's -7.6 degrees F) but it feels like minus 28 degrees Celsius, with the wind chill. (Or -18.4 F)

However, in two days, on Monday, the temperature is supposed to be PLUS 1 Celsius... (Or 33.8 F)! How crazy is that?! From extremely cold to balmy... (Or that's how it will hopefully feel.)

A 23 degree jump! (Although that's not all that unusual, I guess. Some seasons of the year, I've noticed a daily 20 degree temperature difference, between night and day.)





No comments:

Post a Comment