Friday, January 12, 2018

Quilting Ideas...

Going through a bin of scraps, I came across several dozen 5.5" squares, most in various shades of mauve.

I started joining them in rows, intending to make another quilt. (Not sure how big this one will end up being!)

Now I've been drawn to these quilt pictures I found on Pinterest...

I love the idea of mixing rows of colored squares with a wide row of a plain fabric...

What contrasting color would go with my many mauves?!









Grey is popular with a number of colors.









White also adds a dramatic touch...

Not sure that's what I want... I'm also hoping to avoid buying any new fabric...








I'll have to keep looking. In the meantime, the piecing of the squares continues. I'm happy to see the scraps in my mauve bin diminishing quickly. Actually, the pile of smaller pieces is growing. Once this is done, I'll have to think about how to use those "crumbs"

No comments:

Post a Comment