Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Moving Along... In Quilting

I've put the red and beige quilt (mentioned in  yesterday's blog post) on the back burner... to focus on the quilt I started when I started sewing some mauve colored squares together.

I found more fabric and cut more 5.5 inch squares.











The fabric that doesn't fit goes into my "crumb" pile... which is growing.











I've played around, making a few squares with these, but have put them aside. They will probably end up being for yet another mauve quilt!








Using the 5.5 inch squares, I ended up with 11 rows, approximately the width of a double bed.  These I sewed into three groups of three rows each - with two strips left over. I want to add a solid color to go between these groups of squares.







The idea came from a quilt I saw on Pinterest.

I like it - though Terry isn't enthused! (I guess  you can't please everyone!)

I like to work with scraps. The result is a constant surprise. I'm also not  as disappointed if I don't like the result! When I buy fabric for a specific quilt pattern, my expectations are high.

No comments:

Post a Comment