Sunday, March 23, 2014

Bringing Heaven to Earth When We Pray

Prayer has been an important part of my life during my adult years. Setting out on my own to live in other places, there were times of loneliness and trepidation. I prayed and was comforted. In fact, I had a vivid sense that that God was with me, giving me the strength to go on.

Many years later, when my children were young, a book entitled, Let Prayer Change Your Life challenged me to make prayer a regular daily practice, not just during times of crisis.

I still often read about prayer. One idea I recently came across that has me thinking comes from Jesus' words in the Lord's Prayer:

"The Lord's Prayer says, 'Your will be done on earth even as it is done in heaven.'  When we pray that way we are partnering with God through prayer so that the purposes and plans He has in the spiritual realm will come to pass on earth - in our lives and in the lives of those around us. Through prayer we have the privilege of bringing heaven to earth!"

I never thought of prayer like that before. Earth definitely needs a touch of heaven! 

No comments:

Post a Comment