Saturday, March 8, 2014

Back to Quilting

Recent snowy weather motivated me to get back to working on my latest quilt.














It has been lying - in pieces - in full view, "simmering" in my mind as I wait for inspiration!














I kept it in two pieces while I hand quilted, then machine quilted it. It's more manageable when the pieces aren't too large.














After quilting the two pieces separately, I sewed them together.














I originally planned to add a wide border, but have now decided to just finish it up with a narrow binding of fabric left over from the top.














It's not perfect but I like the colors. Now I'm ready to move on!

1 comment:

  1. It is beautiful!! I too love the colours. Perfection is overrated any way! Can't wait to see your next project!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete