Saturday, June 2, 2012

My Favorite Eggs in Ramekin Recipe

I have tried several variations on the "eggs baked in ramekin" recipe ( also known as "oeufs en cocotte") that I posted several weeks ago... On one occasion, I added a tablespoon of salsa to each ramekin, but I found it too spicy. Finally I think I have found my winning combination: eggs baked with back bacon, cauliflower, tomato and cheese.














On medium heat, fry slices of Canadian bacon (in Canada known as "back bacon") - one slice per ramekin. Add a few cauliflower florets. Fry cauliflower for a few minutes with the back bacon until it softens a bit. Line each ramekin with a slice of bacon and divide cauliflower among the ramekins.

Add one raw egg to each ramekin together with one or two small tomatos, a little cheddar cheese, a little butter and a tablespoon of milk or cream. Sprinkle with pepper.














 
Bake 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).














Enjoy... hot or cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment