Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Last Art Class of the Summer

Our final botanical drawing class of the summer saw us back at the Fletcher Wildlife Garden.














It's a place I've come to know well, thanks to the visits we have made this spring.














This time I decided to draw their Canada anemone.














It looks a little different from the one I have a home. (Which makes me wonder - perhaps mine isn't an anemone at all!)














The one at the Wildlife Garden didn't have the fuzzy seed pods my anemones currently have.


















From a sketching point of view, the big question for me was: How many leaves should I draw? How much should I include?

Ask yourself what attracts you to the plant? Kerri replied. What story do you want to tell?














With those questions on my mind, I proceeded over to a plant with fascinating leaf veins...













(I found the flower less compelling.)


















As we left, Kerri's parting advice to us was: Draw every day!


















I have tried to follow it...But a week later only have two sketches to show!


















 (My goal is to draw every interesting plant in the house!)

No comments:

Post a Comment