Thursday, June 7, 2012

It's Not Too Late...

Dietrich Bonhoffer is one those interesting figures I've heard about. A German Lutheran minister who served churches in England and the USA, as well as in Germany, he is best known as a 20th century martyr: he was tried and executed for plotting the assassination of Adolph Hitler.

I had read about him, but I had never read any of his writings. I thought they would be too political for my taste. But recently the website, Bible Gateway, has offered a free 40-day e-study of passages taken from Dietrich Bonhoffer's writings. For 40 days they send a study page from a devotional book (published by Augsburg Books) into subscribers' mailboxes... So I subscribed to read a little more about Bonhoffer's beliefs. My subscription started too late for me to get the first installment, which began on June 1. But I'm enjoying those I've read so far.

So for anyone interested in discovering a bit more about this man's faith, it's not too late to get some installments emailed to you, by subscribing here.. 

(And, of course, if they're not to your taste, you can always unsubscribe.)

No comments:

Post a Comment