Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Decluttering the Study

I have been trying (yet again!) to de-clutter my little study.


















In my teaching days, this was where I most often marked papers and prepared for classes the next day. But nowadays it easily becomes a catch-all where I dump things I don't have time to deal with. So my desk regularly gets piled high with papers - articles I tear from the newspaper, bills to be paid and any number of things that I "hide" when visitors are expected and I want to quickly make the house look presentable.














Inspired by Joyce Meyer's book, 100 Ways to Simplify Your Life, especially her chapter entitled "Clear Out the Clutter," I have decided to tackle the study again.

One day, after working on my desk for several hours, I "showed" my daughter my progress via the camera on my ipod.
















It doesn't look all that great yet, but I have been working on it, I told her.

Oh, I can see a difference, my daughter replied. I can see the floor!

(Sometimes progress is measured in small steps...!)

No comments:

Post a Comment